Friday, June 25, 2010

First time blogger


So I have decided to join the ranks of bloggers - mostly for my own records and to help me put into words what our journeys have meant to me - or us as a couple.

In 2007, I finally convinced my husband that if we were to purchase a travel trailer, I would make sure it would get used. Three years later, I know he is convinced that it is probably the best purchase we have ever made. Married 23 years now, and I am learning that I really didn't know the man I married until we started to travel in our Airstream. Breakfasts can last as long as 3 hours, talking about everything, sharing without any worry about getting to work on time, fixing, cleaning or working on the home, walking the dog or calling the kids. This traveling has become therapy that we didn't know we needed. In the Airstream, we feel at home, more than at a hotel, or in a tent. We are surrounded by the familiar yet in a new and exciting location and most of the time do not have any agendas. We have each other's undivided attention. Both of us had parents who encouraged traveling and learning about places, history, people. I think that now that we have the time, we are remembering their lessons, what we loved about growing up and what has shaped us into who we are today.

All I know is, each time we have a weekend journey planned, we both look forward to it and can't wait for the adventure to begin. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment